Patrick Lencioni is the author of several bestselling books, including “The five dysfunctions of a team”. In this entertaining talk he speaks about the essential elements for high performing teams. I also highly recommend reading his book “The Advantage: Why Organizational Health Trumps Everything in Business” in which Patrick provides a foundational construct for conducting business in a way that maximizes human potential and aligns the organization around a common set of principles.
Watch 39 Min Video
Positively framed, the five essential elements and behavioral themes of high performing teams by Patrick Lencioni are:
- Respect and Trust for each other — team members interactions are characterized by mutual respect and trust
- Culture of constructive conflict — having a culture of constructive passionate debate over fear of conflict and seeking artificial harmony
- High level of individual commitment — individuals care and are encouraged to bring their honest opinions forward; instead of of feigning buy-in for group decisions which creates ambiguity throughout the organization
- Culture of holding people accountable — instead of ducking the responsibility to call peers on counterproductive behavior which sets low standards
- Focus on results — focusing on team success and results, before personal status and ego